If you are looking for a position that allows you to create the user experience on digital platforms for a large group of clients in the B2B and B2C manufacturing space, you’re in the right place. The Next Step Inc. serves a host of manufacturers and their channel partners globally. You would be a good fit for the role if you align with our core values, enjoy technical products, and like a wide variety of types of content creation.
Who We Are
Quite simply, we are built to bring clarity and make the lives of our clients easier. Many of them are C-Suite executives who have enough problems on their plate. They just need us to remove as many of them as possible and get things done. We are very dedicated to this mission. If you are looking for a 9-5 job, this probably is not going to be a good fit for you. With that said, we are an international team with international clients. If you are looking to work across cultures, in international business, and gain organizational best practice knowledge very quickly, then I would strongly suggest applying.
Our intimate client approach is centered around our 4 core values.
Build Trust - We display character and competence, building long-term relationships through transparency, mutual respect, and our consistent ability to deliver results.
Be Selfless - We exhibit adaptability, flexibility, and a willingness to take on the challenges of others and guide them to positive outcomes. To always do the right thing even if we suffer in the process. To put others first.
Always Improve - We exude a bias for “Yes” with a desire to make things better. It is the courage and bravery to forge new paths and try new things, knowing failure is only a bump on the path to growth.
Fight for Others - We lead the charge and are dauntless in our approach to accomplishing our clients’ goals. Tirelessly elevating our own skills to support our team members and clients. Always prepared to answer the call.
As a web developer at The Next Step Inc., you will work with internal teams and clients on their web-based platforms including websites, ecommerce, social, Power BI and other digital platforms.
- Writing website and landing pages code with programming languages such as HTML, PHP, CSS, C++, and Java. Based on SEO, UI, and UX standard.
- Integrating third-party services in the website such as ERP, SAS, or Open Source eCommerce platforms [Woocommerce and Shopify preferred]
- Creating responsive Front-End Frameworks: Bootstrap, Foundation [Preferred]
- Maintain and modify websites and user interfaces, including multimedia and plugins updates.
- Test websites for UI, UX, SEO.
- Fixing website issues or bugs that arise
- Assist in designing and building HTML/CSS templates
- Assist in creating and modifying content for SEO optimization
- Optimize web pages for conversion and user engagement.
- Configure clicks, events, and goal tracking on the client's website.
- Work with the team on technical solutions for clients' needs.
- Be aware and advise the team about new technologies, web development innovation, and trends.
- Other duties as assigned
Job Requirements include:
- 1 to 3 years’ experience programming Html/CSS with a knowledge of responsive design
- Previous experience in web development or other related fields
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Focus on user experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Graphic Design or related fields.
- Excellent writing, editing, research, and critical thinking skills
- Ability to effectively present concepts and ideas in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree
- Strong verbal, written and visual communications skills
- Autonomously work to develop high-quality concepts with minimal instruction
- Ability to communicate complex concepts and data through images and graphics
- Experience in delivering projects for digital marketing areas (front-end web sites, digital tools, eCommerce assets, UX, CX, etc)
- Familiarity with best practices for graphics and video content on digital platforms
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with colleagues
- Be comfortable learning new technology or platforms for content creation
Digital Tool Experience
- Microsoft Office Suite (required)
- WordPress (required)
- On-page SEO (required)
- Media Valet (preferred)
- SharpSpring (preferred)
- Wrike (preferred)
- Adobe Sign (preferred)
- ZeroBounce (preferred)
- LeadFeeder (preferred)
- Zapier (preferred)
- Html5: 1 year (preferred)
- Web development: 1 year (preferred)
- Adobe Suite – Acrobat Reader (preferred)